The use of mHealth Technology in Patient Engagement
According to a study, there should be approximately 200,000 mHealth apps on the market by 2019. Ninety-five percent of the health care facilities that have implemented a health device protocol in their management have seen improvement in patient engagement and satisfaction. Nearly 1/3rd of the health care apps focus on specific health conditions and illnesses, medication and health care management, and women health care, such as pregnancy, while the rest caters to general wellness and lifestyle.
Evenset stresses on improving health system plans and expanding patient care and engagement access through increased use of inventive, customized mobile and web application. The tele-health apps we create have successfully filled the gaps in patient care access (lack of primary care physicians when needed, physician burnout, providing prompt information, caring patients in the rural area etc.). Our patient-centric tele-health solutions, enable patients to access health care providers and medical facilities when and where most suits their needs and requirements.
mHealth Promotes Patient Centric Coordination and Care
Two different surveys were conducted by Rock Health and Technology Advice back to back. The results were astounding:
- 92% of digitally advanced users agree they should have control over their health data
- 52% of consumers believe they are responsible for their own health and that they should be aware of the minute details regarding their treatment plans
- 4 out of 5 adults use some type of mHealth technology
- 80% believe that their mHealth apps play a dominant role in determining provider’s patient care services
- 60% suggest that it’s important for health care providers to use mHealth to follow up after an appointment or treatment
- 60% to 70% of the millennials support tele-health technology and would like their doctors to use customized healthcare software
- 80% of all patients (including senior citizens) prefer receiving or viewing their diagnosis and test reports online
What we find from these figures is that health care providers, including diagnostic centers and pharmacies, should adopt mobile technology to enhance patient engagement. Evenset Inc aims to increase the effectiveness of medical facilities and improve patient satisfaction by automating most of the operations through software for medical devices.
However, what we found that not all healthcare providers have fully embraced predictive models or custom medical software services, even though the above numbers suggest that it is the most vital element of medical solutions to address several healthcare challenges. The organizations that have incorporated are industry leaders that have claimed improving patient experience fuelled their decision to go mobile.
What mHealth Tools Can Do
mhealth tools can help patients manage their health by themselves and notify doctors and other healthcare providers in case of changes in their condition and well-being, prompting quick and effective medication support.
Since the passing of the Affordable Care Act and the Canadian Government moving forward with new initiatives related to CHA (Canada Health Act), both Americans and Canadians are now insured. Thus healthcare providers have to find ways to engage and retain their patients in health management. Mobile application tools allow hospitals, pharmacies, diagnostic centers etc. to deliver cost-effective, on time, and efficient care.
Lifestyle and cost of living have impelled several challenges in health and patient care. Therefore, it is now more than ever that authorities need to adapt to new technologies to help overcome these challenges, maintain their efficacy in service, and keep up with their patients’ needs and demands.
What healthcare organizations must understand is that they should encourage patients to partake in engagement options. And, the only way to do so is by marketing their key tools. Smartphones have become a daily necessity. Realistically, patients will be more likely to involve in a mobile-based app than any other engagement tool. mHealth tools (more than online portals) let patients play an active role in a solution where they are able to physically access or view data activity that directly relates to their health condition management.
We conclude this because today approximately 62% of cell phone users use their smartphones to obtain information about their health condition as the devices allow them to participate proactively in decision-making.
Although everything seems practical, health care providers are hesitant to adopt mHealth app options in their practice. This is because doctors do not know which apps among the 300,000 odd will provide more value to their patients and to their hospitals.
Evenset finds key strategies that focus on the responsibilities of healthcare providers as well as of the patients. Our customized software for medical devices, like wearable technology, encourages patient empowerment and engagement by allowing patients to share data virtually, in real-time.
mHealth tools increase engagement by:
- Monitoring patient’s condition from home
- Enabling providers to have access to health-related activities and data of patients through predictive models, such as wearable devices
- Encouraging patients with chronic diseases to actively participate in their treatment plans (number one source of healthcare expenses), therefore decreasing the cost for providers
- Serving as an everyday support tool for accomplishing patients related goals
- Aiding in timely and accurate capture and retrieval of patient data, giving scope to provide efficient virtual consultations
- Reducing patients’ wait time
- Streamlining patient-doctor, doctor-staff, patient-pharmacy communication
- Facilitating two-way virtual visit between doctor and patient outside hospital and clinics (HIPAA Compliant) unaffected to daily obligations that cause cancellation due to inconvenience in traveling
- Integrating wearable gadgets into tele-health platforms. This encourages patients to track and monitor their activities and goals without spending a lot on health management
- Extending health support to family and friends outside the clinical environment by creating a competitive environment through custom medical software for devices
Our mhealth solutions are clinically validated. And since mHealth technology is here to stay and is expected to dominate, healthcare providers can reap the benefits and establish a better relationship with their patients early.
Instead of learning more about different solutions out in the market, a great way to select a mHealth solution for your facility is to consider several elements such as software developers’ technical studies, clinical evaluation activities, quality stamps, and clinical trials.